Career Development Resources
There is no blueprint for a successful career, but graduates can steer their career paths in a positive direction through early planning and active implementation of a career plan. A vast array of electronic career planning and development resources are available. This presentation introduces users to different career planning resources that can be used in the career planning processes. The additional readings and career plan template will be of great value to graduates.
Who might find this useful?
Postgraduate students may find this video helpful.
Complete the following career development plan to formulate an action plan for your future career.
Explore these additional resources
- PhD Pathways: Report on career trajectories of graduate students http://cgsnet.org/understanding-career-pathways
- Vitae Researcher Development Framework https://www.vitae.ac.uk/researchers…development/about-the-vit.
- Self-assessment and competency assessments http://careers.rutgers.edu/page.cfm?section_ID=15&page_id=276
- Transferable skills https://hr.cornell.edu/sites/default/files/skillsforsuccess.pdf
- Skills for Success: Cornell University https://hr.cornell.edu/sites/default/files/skillsforsuccess.pdf
Resources on resume writing
- Resources offered by HR Cornell University. Including webinars, templates and examples of cover letters and resumes https://hr-cornell.optimalresume.com/
- Top 10 Interviewing Tips https://hr.cornell.edu/sites/default/files/interview_tips.pdfing
Search engines to search for vacancies